Participation in two international multicenter studies
- As Co – Investigator in the ENGAGE Registry. This is a multicenter prospective registry of the ENDURANT Stent graft (Medtronic) for endovascular treatment of abdominal aneurysm.
- As Co – Investigator to the “WALK” study for patients with intermittent Claudication. This was a study investigated the gene therapy treatment in patients with intermittent Claudication. He participated under Mr George Geroulakos at Ealing και Hammersmith Hospital (Imperial Trust). The title of the study was “A Phase 2, Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Parallel-group, Multicenter, Dose – Selection Study of Ad2/Hypoxia Inducible Factor HIF – 1alpha/VP16 in Patients with Intermittent Claudication “
- As a PhD candidate he investigated in an experimental protocol the protective effect of ATIII in lungs and heart in the ischemia reperfusion syndrome of the lower limb. A part of the results published in Annals of Vascular Surgery journal in May 2012.
- Papazoglou K, Mallios A, Rafati F, Zambas N, Karkos C. Endovascular Treatment of Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms With the Endurant Device. Ann Vasc Surg. 2012 Sep 12 [Epub ahead of print]
- Papazoglou KO, Sfyroeras GS, Zambas N, Konstantinidis K, Kakkos SK, Mitka M. : Midterm outcomes of endovascular aneurysm repair with selective internal iliac artery coverage without coil embolization, J Vasc. Surg. 2012 May
- Zambas NA, Karkos CD, Kambaroudis AG, Karamanos DG, Spyridis CT, Gerassimidis TS. Protective Effect of Antithrombin III Against Lung and Myocardial Injury in Lower-Limb Ischemia-Reperfusion Syndrome. Ann Vasc Surg. 2012 May;26(4):566-70.
- Kalodiki E; Azzam M; Lattimer CR; Shawish E; Zambas N; Geroulakos G. (2011). Randomized controlled trial of ultrasound guided foam sclerotherapy combined with sapheno-femoral ligation compared to surgical treatment of varicose veins: Five-year results (abst). Journal of Vascular Surgery. 53:259-260.
- Karkos CD, Karamanos DG, Papadimitriou DN, Demiropoulos F, Zambas N and Gerassimidis TS: An unusual complication of a “blind” femoral embolectomy. Annals of vascular surgery 24(6):824.e15-7, 2010 Aug.
- Karkos CD, Karamanos DG, Papazoglou KO, Papadimitriou DN, Zambas N, Gerogiannis IN, Gerassimidis TS:Axillary artery transection after recurrent anterior shoulder dislocation. Am J Emerg Med. 2010 Jan;28(1):119.e5-7.
- G. Geroulakos, N Zambas “Debranching of the aorta produces thrombosis of the false lumen in selected cases of chronic type A aortic dissection” International Angiology 2009, Feb; 28 (1): 79-81
- N. Zambas, G Geroulakos, N Mazarakis, “Gene Therapy in Claudication”, Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Highlights 2007-08
- A. Ntinas, N. Zambas, S Al Mogrambi, P. Petras, E. Halvatzoulis, G. Frangandreas, D.Tsandilas, T. Gerasimidis,‘’Postoperative follow up of patients with colorectal cancer (A combined evaluation of CT scan, colonoscopy and tumor makers)’’. Tech Coloproctol. 2004 Nov; 8 Suppl 1:s190-2.
- D. Tsandilas, A. Ntinas, P. Petras, N. Zambas, S. A1 Mogrambi, G. Frangandreas, C. Spyridis, T. Gerasimidis‘’Metachronous colorectal adenocarcinomas’’., Tech Coloproctol. 2004 Nov; 8 Suppl 1:s202-4.
- SECONDARY INTERVENTIONS FOR MID AND LONG TERM COMPLICATIONS FOLLOWING ENDOVASCULAR REPAIR OF AORTIC ANEURYSM. K. Papazoglou, N. Zambas, A.-M. Mitka, K. Konstantinidis, LIVE 2001, 5-8 Μαίου, Χαλκιδική, Ελλάδα
- Vascular surgery training in Europe and United States, 12ο Hellenic Congress of Angiology and Vascular Surgery, January 2010, Athens (Invited speaker)
- Experience of a decade of endovascular treatment of aortic aneurysms with the AneuRx stent graft. Papazoglou K, Zambas N, Karkos C, Karamanos D, Demiropoulos Ph, Papadimitriou D, Gerasimides Th. 12ο Hellenic Congress of Angiology and Vascular Surgery, January 2010, Athens
- Protective effect of Antithrombin III against lung and myocardial injury in lower limb ischemia reperfusion syndrome. Zambas N, Karkos C, Karamanos D, Kambaroudis A, Papazoglou K, Iliadis S, Koliakou K, Spyrides C, Papageorgiou G, Gerassimides 12ο Hellenic Congress of Angiology and Vascular Surgery, January 2010, Athens
- Axillary artery transection following anterior shoulder dislocation: revascularization using open surgical, endovascular or hybrid techniques. CD Karkos, DG Karamanos, KO Papazoglou, IN Gerogiannis, DN Papadimitriou, FP Demiropoulos, NA Zambas, A. Kamparoudis, TS Gerasimidis. AVEM 2009, 12-14 March, Thessaloniki
- Protective effect of Antithrombin III against lung and myocardial injury in lower limb ischemia reperfusion syndrome. Zambas N, Karamanos D, Karkos C, Kambaroudis A, Iliadis S, Papageorgiou G, Bassagiannis I, Spyrides C Gerassimides 24th Northen Greece medical Congress , 26-28 March 2009, Thessaloniki.
- Infrapopliteal angioplasty using the Kissing Balloon technique in the management of ischemic diabetic foot ,Gerassimidis S Th, Karamanos G.D, Karkos CD, Papadimitriou N.D , Demiropoulos P. F , Zambas N, Diplaris K, Vougiouklis N, 4th World Congress on Quality in Medical Practice, October 2-4, 2008, Thessaloniki
- The impact of subintimal angioplasty on the management of patients with Superficial Femoral Artery (SFA) occlusive disease , Gerassimidis S Th, Karkos CD, Karamanos G.D, Papazoglou O. K, Zambas N, Demiropoulos P. F, Papadimitriou N.D, Kamparoudis G.A, Pezikoglou I., 4th World Congress on Quality in Medical Practice, October 2-4, 2008, Thessaloniki
- Incidence and significance of haemodynamic instability after carotid angioplasty and stenting for stroke prophylaxis, Gerassimidis S. Th, Mallos A., Karkos D Ch, Karamanos G.D, Papazoglou O.K, Demiropoulos F, Papadimitriou N.D, Malkotsis P.D, Zambas N, Liasidis Ch *, Fileli A**, Pezikoglou I** , 4th World Congress on Quality in Medical Practice, October 2-4, 2008, Thessaloniki
- ‘’Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (EVAR) Ealing Experience’’ Grand Round, Ealing Hospital NHS Trust, 28 February 2008
- Effect of Cilostazol in patients with Peripheral Arterial Disease ‘’Innovations for the management of peripheral vascular disease in West London’’ 12 Dec 2007
- ‘’A complication of Type A aortic dissection’’, Grand Round, Ealing Hospital NHS, 13 September 2007
- Poster: The WALK study, Gene Therapy Research Day, Imperial College of London, September 25th , 2006
- ‘’Injuries of Peripheral Arteries’’, 9th Hellenic Congress of Vascular Surgery, 23-25 January 2004, Athens, Greece.
- «The importance of tumor markers in the post operative follows up in patients with colorectal cancer. » Tsantilas D, Zambas N, Fragkandreas G, Kamparoudis A, Spyrides C, Ntinas A, Tsantilas V, Filleli A. 6th Greek – Cyprus Surgical Meeting, 24-26 October, Nicosia, Cyprus
- «Traumatic Thoracid Injuries», Zambas N, Georgolios A, Spanos P, Vouxaras C, 1st Scientific Congress of Aristorele University of Thessalonica Medical School, February 2002, Thessalonica, Greece
- «Stress» Zambas N, Amirides E, Papaioannou S, Beshari N, Boutzioukas S, 5th Greek Medical StudentsAsssociation Union, April 1999, Alexandroupolis, Greece